How to fix “sticky” wacom stylus click in Ubuntu 10.04
The problem is described very well by stephanecharette “I don’t know when it started, but my Wacom stylus clicks haven’t been working right. It seems to do the “click down” correctly, but hasn’t always been doing the “click up” when I release the pressure on my stylus. This leads to a bunch of problems when Ubuntu thinks I’m holding down the mouse button, when in reality I’m not holding anything down.” from http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1588459
Although the post focuses on Ubuntu 10.10, but I think the solution is applicable to 10.04 too. It seems to me there are two solutions to solve the problem, which is posted by cnr_roxx:
- Compile a new driver for 10.04
- Upgrade to 10.10 and install 2 packages from Irie’s private repository, please see the post#5 in here
Somehow, I don’t want to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.10, so I will stick with the option 1, that is, to compile a new driver. The instruction is very well documented in
The URL links to another post, which seems to be more compact.
Just follow the steps; download, compile and install.
I also found an overview link to explain all these in just a few paragraph and it is pretty easy to follow.
For 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04, I found this the following posts are the best:
- The last paragraph of post#14 http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1729780&page=2
- Which links to PartIII of the post http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1515562
- Bug report website is very helpful https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xf86-input-wacom/+bug/770082
- Setup pressure support in GIMP http://www.ubuntugeek.com/wacom-control-panel-easily-configure-wacom-tablet.html
[Solved] The following works!
Here is the summary on how to solve the problem from http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1515562. Just read the PART III “III. Configure the Wacom Bamboo P&T tablet“, and follow the instruction.
- type in the terminal
gksudo gedit /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-wacom.conf
- Copy the following content to the file 10-wacom.conf and save the file
Section "InputClass" Identifier "Wacom class" # WALTOP needs a patched kernel driver, that isn't in mainline lk yet, # so for now just let it fall through and be picked up by evdev instead. # MatchProduct "Wacom|WACOM|WALTOP|Hanwang" MatchProduct "Wacom|WACOM|Hanwang" MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*" Driver "wacom" EndSection Section "InputClass" Identifier "Wacom serial class" MatchProduct "Serial Wacom Tablet" Driver "wacom" # Option "ForceDevice" "ISDV4" # deprecated starting with # xf86-input-wacom-0.10.8 EndSection Section "InputClass" Identifier "Wacom serial class identifiers" MatchProduct "WACf|FUJ02e5|FUJ02e7|FUJ02e9" Driver "wacom" EndSection # N-Trig Duosense Electromagnetic Digitizer Section "InputClass" Identifier "Wacom N-Trig class" MatchProduct "HID 1b96:0001|N-Trig Pen" MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*" Driver "wacom" Option "Button2" "3" EndSection
- close the file, reboot the machine, and it will work.